About Me

My photo
Some facts about us: Together since May 2004, Matt & Kristin Married in May 2009. Between the two of us, we've lived in California, Hawaii, Guam, Japan and met here, in good ol' Virginia. We adopted two mini schnauzers, Hemingway & Mya aka The Pups. We bought our first home in May of 2011 and are ridiculously excited for all the DIY projects ahead of us.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have another love, and his name is Craigslist

Don't worry, Matt knows all about him.  I visit him about once a week, sometimes 5 times a week if I'm feeling spunky (as in, bought a new house and "need" tons of stuff).  I've always wanted a briefcase side table, but I was not paying the $30-$60 for vintage pieces.  I can be a real cheap-o and since I needed 4 or 5 of them, the $120-$300 price tag for a side table just wasn't going to happen.  I gave up on my life-would-be-complete-with-you-in-it side table.

But then one random day I decided to check in on my friend Craigslist...  (you can visit him too at Craigslist.com in case you had no idea what/whom I was speaking of).  Low-and-behold, someone had listed 5 briefcases from the 60's and 70's...
FOR FREE.

Yes, f-r-e-e.  I couldn't believe it.  I also couldn't believe when she emailed me back and said they were still available.  AND if that wasn't enough, she drove out of her way to meet me and hand deliver these babies.


They were a littly musty and needed a good wipedown, but other than that - they were all in pristine condition, perfect for my stackable side table.  And that's literally all the work this took.  I stacked them up.  Boy am I crafty!  Make sure you write that down if you're planning on doing one too, 'cause this could get tricky.  ;)  Of course, when we decide to start having little Ogo's, we'll have to connect these and put some weights in the bottom suitcase. 

Anyhoo, here it is in our family room.


This is my first post about my main-other-man Craig, and certainly not the last.  Have you found an amazing-out-of-this-world deal on Craigslist lately?

1 comment:

  1. NO...But i do have this dressor im thinking about selling on there (still in the box, brand new) whatcha think, can you help?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for positive people with positive things to say! If you don't fit that category, please see my imaginary blog door and keep walking.